Wednesday 6 March 2013

White bones- Graham Masterton

John Meagher finds the skeletons of 11 women on his farm arranged in a strange pattern. Detective superintendent Katie Maguire is called to investigate but quickly discovers that they are very old bones. Meanwhile a teenage girl is abducted and resources have to be plowed into searching for her. Soon Maguire discovers that the two cases are linked. Whilst dealing with these cases she is also fighting her own demons at home- the death of her baby boy and her not-always-law-abiding husband.

I loved the main characters in this book, I thought they were really well built up. In parts the story was a bit gory, I found myself skim reading a couple of paragraphs! I saw half of the ending coming but not the entirety of it which I think makes it all the more satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment