Saturday 5 January 2013

Dark Side- Belinda Bauer

Jonas Holly is a local police officer whose beat takes in a number of small villages.  He is called in when an elderly, paralysed lady is found dead.  soon it becomes clear that she has been murdered and reinforcements are called in in the form of DCI Marvel and his team.  Marvel is a very rude, brusque individual who does not like Holly, or in fact many people.  Soon more dead bodies are found, the link between them all is they were suffering from some life limiting illness.  In amongst all of this Holly is dealing with his wife who is suffering from MS.

I really enjoyed this book, I foudn it was really gripping and I couldn't put it down.  I did feel that the ending didn't quite sit right with me though.

I loved the fact that the chapters in this book were a countdown to how many days were left in the investigation.  I didn't realise this was the second book in a series so I shall be hunting out the first one to see what happened prior to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment